• Plain weave fabric coated with 150μm milled carbon fibers
• Milled fibers are aligned in the Z‐axis (i.e. orthogonal to fabric)
• Areal weight and ply thickness of the base fabric is increased
• Better damage tolerance & Z‐axis conductivity
• Retain key in‐plane properties with less in‐plane fiber
• Available as a cost‐effective prepreg for composite tooling
Supercomp dry products can be used in RTM/VARTM and wet layup or can be supplied as prepregs for compression molding, autoclave, or out‐of-autoclave processing. Thermoplastic composites have also been made using Supercomp products. Contact Boston Materials for any questions about the compatibility of Supercomp products for your application.